Dani Grant School of Dance Child Protection Policy
Dani Grant School of Dance is committed to creating a safe and secure environment for all children and young people who attend our dance classes. This Child Protection Policy sets out our commitment to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and outlines the procedures we follow to ensure their safety and well-being.
1. We believe that the welfare of children is of paramount importance, and all children, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, or ability, have the right to be protected from harm and exploitation.
2. We aim to provide an environment where children can learn, have fun, and develop their dance skills in a safe and nurturing setting.
3. We acknowledge that child protection is everyone's responsibility, and all staff, volunteers, parents, and students must be vigilant in identifying and reporting any concerns regarding a child's welfare.
1. Safer Recruitment: All staff and volunteers who work with children will undergo rigorous recruitment processes, including background checks and references.
2. Child Protection Training: All staff and volunteers will receive regular training on child protection policies and procedures.
3. Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): We have appointed a designated staff member who will act as the DSL and be the main point of contact for child protection concerns.
4. Reporting Concerns: Any concerns regarding a child's welfare will be promptly reported to the DSL or the appropriate authorities as per the statutory guidelines.
5. Confidentiality: Information regarding child protection concerns will be handled sensitively, respecting the need for confidentiality while following statutory procedures.
6. Codes of Conduct: We have clear codes of conduct for staff, volunteers, parents, and students to ensure appropriate behaviour and boundaries.
7. Safe Environment: We regularly review and assess our premises and practices to ensure they meet health and safety standards.
8. Parental Consent: Written parental consent will be obtained for any activities or events that may involve children beyond normal class routines.
1. Reporting Concerns: Any concerns about a child's welfare will be reported to the DSL immediately.
2. Record Keeping: Detailed records will be kept of any child protection concerns, actions taken, and any communication with relevant agencies.
3. Information Sharing: We will share relevant information with appropriate agencies as required by law and in accordance with data protection legislation.
4. Multi-Agency Approach: We will work in partnership with other agencies and organisations to safeguard the welfare of children.
Review and Monitoring:
This policy will be reviewed annually and updated as required to ensure it remains effective and compliant with current legislation and best practice.
We are committed to promoting the safety, welfare, and well-being of children at [Your Dance School Name]. If you have any concerns or questions regarding our Child Protection Policy, please contact the DSL.
Dani Grant School of Dance